Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

It arrived!

Yippee - my azada arrived today!

It's so cool - and I wish I'd had a camera to record Fred dragging it around the place with a big cheesy grin on her face. Must go down to lottie tomorrow and try it out.

I've also been in touch with an American friend today, and she's buying me some more seeds. :) At Walmart, they've got packets of seed for 97c, which is a little under 50p, and so I've asked her to get me about $20 worth, which should give me a huge variety of stuff that you can't get over here, and I'm going to paypal her for whatever I owe. Like I need more bloody seeds - I've got them coming out of my ears. But it's no good - I'm addicted to buying them. Trouble is, my spare fridge outside is full of seed.

I think I might be putting together some home-ed packages of seed. It's an idea that has just occured to me. I have so many kinds of seed, and there's no way I can hope to plant them all in the next few years. I'm thinking, off the top of my head, that if I put 4 or 5 of each kind of seed, say a pumpkin and a runner bean, some sunflowers and french beans and maybe a courgette, a tomato and a lettuce... put them together in a little envelope and make it into a home-ed style project. And then get the kids to record what they grow, when they plant the seeds, how many germinate, what kind of stuff grows, what they did with the veg, if they ate it or gave it to elderly aunts etc, and get them to grow some seed for following years.

Hmm, now there's a thought... will cross post to other blog and see what the response is. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home