Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Miserable bloody day (2* rant warning!)

And I make no apologies for my language.

It's a cold, damp, grey, rainy, miserable, sodden, bloody awful day out there and I'm right royally pissed off as I soooo wanted to get out there with my new azada and dig over the lottie and the garden and now I can't so I'm going to have a rant.

It's blasted January, for gods' sakes. Cold is good. Grey is acceptable. But rainy, miserable and sodden just aren't in it. It should be bitterly cold, with snow and ice and freezing weather. Bright, shiny brittle-blue-skied days when the frost glints and cracks in the air. Dark grey evenings, good for soaking away the aches, caused by digging in good rich soil, in a hot bubbly bath with the company of glossy seed magazines. Damp, miserable and sodden is not really acceptable at any time, except maybe for the odd day in April, and is useful for times when you need to potter around in the greenhouse or polytunnel, pricking out seedlings and weeding. Then it's quite nice to hear the pat-pat-pat of gentle rain on the glass or plastic.

But not when I should be out digging over my garden and allotment. Damn and blast.

I wouldn't mind if it turned to snow and laid a gentle white blanket over the slush and mud. At least I could build a bloody snowman or something with the kids.

Ok, gripe over. :\ Off to make hot ginger tea. I'm even cold sitting here at the computer. Not impressed with today.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, Kris? Knock, Knock? This is England! Sorry, but soggy is what we do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home