Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's been a while...

There I was, mooching around wondering about setting up a new blog, and lo - I rediscovered this one, purely by chance. I'd forgotten it was here, so after some indulgent nostalgia, reading about guinea pigs and small children and allotments, I decided that, sod it, this blog will do just fine for it's intended purpose.

Mainly because I'm going to turn it into a house blog, and keep it updated with pictures of our house-in-the-making. The nice thing about having such a huge gap between the last post (2008, ffs) and this one is that I can do some inbetween posts without upsetting the extant ones. I'm going to go through my inbox and the paperwork from various solicitors and update with specific points on key dates. Then I'll just keep adding pictures as the extension progresses.

The original premise was to take a two/three bedroom dormer bungalow and turn it into a five bedroom house by adding a garage onto the north side, with dining room behind and a few bedrooms above. The actual plans have added a large garage, a study and a dining room downstairs and four bedrooms on the upper floor of that extension. The original two bedrooms upstairs, with dormer windows to the front will be knocked around, have the back walls removed and dormers fitted to the rear, two bathrooms installed and the storage cupboard becomes a 'dressing room'. The south bedroom is the master, the north bedroom is reduced to allow for a corridor through to the extension upstairs and becomes a common room. So in theory, we will have a 6/7 bedroom house. In theory...

1 Comments:

At 6:55 pm, Blogger Elisa said...

Great to have you back Kris! Should be an encouragement for myself. Looking forward to read some more from you. In the meantime I married and my fristborn boy Robin Ian is 9 months old! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home