Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Things are stirring

Finally got out in the garden today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cleared the old raised bed, the kerb bed (dug up more than 10 kg of parsnips - anyone want a giant mutant parsnip??) and had a very satisfying bonfire in the new raised bed. I've just been chucking compostables and guinea pig cage cleanings in there, bags of shredded paper and now a couple of spent grow bags. I did have a big pile of brush and shrubs that I'd cleared out of the beds last summer, so I built myself a fire and got eight foot of flames at one point.

Have typed up the list of seeds I've bought in the last month and it totals 2 pages. Ho hum, I've got a bad habit. Or an addiction!

1 Comments:

At 10:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were those odd 2 colour bean things you gave me last year? Kinda purple and white seeds in a beautiful long pod?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home