Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Been a digging sort of day

Have had lots of quality garden time today, as the weather co-operated well. Tidied up the left hand veggie beds, cleared out the green house and turned over the two raised beds at the back of the garden. The smaller of the two I've made into a proper square foot garden bed, (except it's 4 squares by 5, instead of the traditional 4x4). I even put a bit of string across it and planted a few seeds.

My back is killing me, but I feel really good. lol

1 Comments:

At 9:19 pm, Blogger dottyspots said...

I am impressed!

I'm waiting till we move to get back into the swing of things - but I've actually not seen the garden in the new place (as it was dark when we viewed). I've seen a photo and it's sort of divided into two bits, but I'm not sure how big it is, but hoping I've got a good space in the back bit to start growing veg. etc. again.

I'm wondering how well the raspberries will fare if I dig a few canes up to take with me.

I'm off to look at the Square Foot gardening site I found again tomorrow (when I get a spare minute - I seem to have precious few ATM!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home