Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

More seeds!!!

Yippee - a friend sent me a selection of Wal-Mart's finest offering from the US. I now have:

Cantaloupe - Gold Mine
Watermelon - Crimson Sweet
Squash - Black Beauty Zucchini
Squash - Waltham Butternut
Squash - Yellow Summer Crookneck
Pepper - Cubanelle
Pepper - California Wonder
Mesclun Salad Mix
Spinach - Bloomsdale Long Standing (x2)
Beans - Bush, Blue Lake Tenderlake (x2)
Cucumber - Armenian Yard Long
Peas - Sugar Snap
Beet - Detroit Dark Red
Radish - Cherry Belle
Radish - Sparkler
Sweetcorn - Silver Queen (hybrid - eek!)
Onion - Sweet Spanish Yellow Utah Jumbo
Pumpkin - Jack O'Lantern

Maybe I'll design my square foot garden around these varieties...

That is, once Barbara has devoured the book. :-D

2 Comments:

At 7:44 pm, Blogger dottyspots said...

Will the melons grow sans greenhouse?

 
At 8:13 pm, Blogger Kris said...

They should do - I'm going to try it! I have a big south-facing embankment at the foot of my garden, so I'm covering that in squash, melon and cucumbers.

Need to fence it off from the dog though - that's his squirrel chasing place. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home