Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

More seeds

Yes, yes, I know, you read that title right. A few more packets of seeds arrived today. But I only ordered 5 packets, from Dobies, and I was most chuffed to receive three free packets of flower seeds with them! I ordered:

Brussells Sprouts - Red Delicious (yes, a red sprout!)
Carrot - Rainbow (a heinous F1, I must confess, that mixes white, yellow, orange, red and purple carrots. It's the only F1 I will be sowing this year, but I shall let a handful flower and seed next year. And will therefore grow my own collection of coloured carrots. :)
Fennel - Zefa Fino (a bulbing fennel, for my Mom who loves the stuff)
Onion - Brown Pickling (self explanatory, for DH who loves pickled onions)
Onion - Red Baron (red onions, again for DH)

And I've had an idea of growing a few extra plants to sell on eBay. I spent a while last summer bidding on plants, winning some and watching others go for silly money. So, this year, I'm deliberately sowing some seeds in the little peat pots and will sell them on when a few inches high (or up to 6" for brassicas & leeks) via eBay. And see if I can't make a few pennies to help my seed buying habit along. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:47 am, Blogger gringoninjo said...

Be careful! Be specific about the seeds you're selling, you might get inundated with hundreds of pot-heads getting the wrong idea!

PS. Thank you for toasting my misery with me. In a dark kind of way, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home