Muddy Musings

It was: A diversion from the everyday life of home educating, keeping house and chasing children - my garden keeps me sane. At least, that's the theory... In here you'll find fundamentalist diatribes on the evils of F1 seed and philosophical ramblings about the rest of life. It's now: Kids, chickens, dog, house building and the odd rambling about airplanes.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Missing book

Seems I've been neglecting both my blogs and my garden lately. Well, I could be forgiven for not gardening, what with the snow and rain and general unpleasantness out there. Not so sure I have such a good excuse for not blogging, however...

So, time for a catch up. This whole week hasn't really seen me accomplish much really. I've ordered a few more seeds (white pumpkins, summer savory and uh... one other thing I forget) from Seeds-by-Size. I bought a huge bag of seed compost and lots of peat pots. James has brought home stacks of trays (the plastic kind that hold eighteen or so 3" pots), as well as bags and bags of pots. But apart from that, I've done no real gardening.

Now this is going to sound really stupid... but the main reason I've not done anything else is that I've lost my Gardening by the Moon book. I don't want to sow anything until I find it and can make sure it's a fruit day for the tomatoes or a root day for the carrots... how stupid is that? I grew stuff perfectly well before I found that book. And if I sowed all my tomatoes and aubergines tomorrow, and it turned out to be a leaf day, I'm sure they'd not suffer for it.

My OCD is obviously getting worse. lol.

But I really do need to get some stuff sown and growing. I can feel everything starting to wake up. So tomorrow I'm going to sow a few each of tomatoes, aubergines, onions, spinach and chilli peppers in peat pots and put them on my windowsill. And I'll make a note of what I've sown and when (like I always do), and then sow a few more in two or three days time... and we'll see, shall we, if sowing dates make any difference.

Assuming I can find the ruddy book...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home